#ABM Insights podcast with Kristina Jaramillo
“Really enjoyed being on the Personal ABM Podcast this week to discuss ABM Insights and treating your top prospects as a ‘market of one’. We discussed the importance of human-based account research, the 80/20 rule, how PipelineIQ prioritizes data, and how actionable account insights have become the missing link in many ABM programs. Thank you Eric Gruber and Kristina Jaramillo and the Stop the Sales Drop podcast team for having me on!”
– Rick Catino
The focus of ABM should be on the 20% of accounts that would provide 80% of today’s and tomorrow’s revenue growth. Each of these enterprise accounts needs to be treated as a market of one. We need to design interactions and experiences that are specific and relevant to each individual account and to the human buyers within those accounts. However, most sales and marketing teams are unable to because they lack the right ABM insights.
In this podcast, Rick Catino (CEO of Pipeline IQ) and Eric Gruber (CEO of Personal ABM) talk about the need for account profiles and account planning for the 20% vs. the marketing to accounts approach that many teams take.
Listen to learn:
- Why you should not be targeting an account just because they are in a certain industry, in a certain region with a certain revenue amount, and how you need to have a greater reason behind your interactions.
- The account insights that should be part of your account profile and how the profiles should help you align your messaging with your future customers.
- The value of human-based research and human-based interactions and why you should not be looking to automation or AI for your account profiles and for outreach to your tier 1 ICP accounts that can deliver 80% of your revenue.
- Why the industry and company relevance that most GTM teams stop at are not enough.
- How account profiles can eliminate most of your discovery time, enable sales to have higher-level conversations faster, and drive greater deal sizes by focusing on where accounts want to go vs. reacting to predefined needs.
- How you should be continuing to optimize account profiles and account plans after the close as customer success/account management teams are having the wrong conversations and 80% of B2B companies are either indifferent, disengaged, or actively looking to replace a vendor.